Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday a rest day? Since When?

The other night I was hanging out with our children's minister and his wife, James and April. I was asking April if ministers and their wives (especially the wives) get used to how crazy Sundays are? She said yes...well I got news I am not! Here is a typical Sunday for us!
6am- we rise with the sun
7am- we are at the church for practice
8am-first service
9:30-Sunday School starts
10:45- Second Service and I usually do Children's church
12:15- Church is over, but Josh has to shut everything down so we walk out about 12:45!
12:45- Lunch with James and April usually!
2ish- We get home to a dog who thinks we forgot about him!
3pm- We sometimes get in a nap or like today Josh has a meeting at the church
7pm-We have a bible study at out house
11pm-BED

Crazy day to say the least, now don't get me wrong I love being at church, but it is not much of a rest day for us. Of course Sunday is a work day for Josh, he gets paid to be there!

It was interesting today in Sunday school because we talked about how the Jewish culture has such a strict code on Sabbaths and how it so much of a worship and family time for them. They don't work and they don't do things with people outside of the family. It is a law they live by, a law everyone should live by. Where are the days when ALL the stores close for a day and everyone has a big meal with family? Josh and I try very hard to make it a relaxing day, but that could be more because we are up at 6 and moving till 2 on Sunday's. I don't know I am sure this is more of a choice on the individual families then on the country. A family could choose to have a more dowm day, a day of resting and time with the family. I mean come on now God rested for a day and well he has many more responsibilities then we could ever imagine having, so if God can why can't we?

No comments: