Monday, January 19, 2009

My First Day

So my first day didn't go so swell, lets just say Whitley literally CRIED ALL DAY! Mom and dad left and she knew that it was officially  stuck with me for nine hours a day five days a week. Her first nap in the morning usually goes about two hours...she did 45 minutes! Then she decided she was hungry a hour early, so I had to hold her off for as long as I could! So we went down for a second nap, that one did last almost two hours, but she woke up cranky! Are you seeing the trend here?
 Yea you got it... very little sleep + not enough food = a very upset baby! 

I felt bad because Rick and Tiffany worked all weekend with Whitley to get her on a good schedule for when they both had to work and so the evenings would be better for when they got home! Well I messed it up pretty good! I tried and tried, but honestly I got pretty overwhelmed. Whitley is usually a easy going baby, but not today. All I got our of her today was a cry that I swear should of left her exhausted and only a few smiles. 

I have high hoped though for tomorrow! I am suppose to go to chapel with Josh tomorrow at Ozark so we will see how Whitley does! But it is a short day for me, I get Tuesdays off early!

I also unpacked some things in the apartment today and I discovered that i have pull out drawers in a cabinet so I almost have a pantry! And also that we probably won't have internet out there because At&t doesn't get service out there so we aren't real sure what we will do with that. But hey we get satellite TV and DVR! Well I should probably get busy with house stuff!

2 comments:

Linny Best said...

hang in there!! it will get better! i have a couple of babies at work who are that way to me...but once you get to know her, it will improve like crazy! you'll actually get to know her cries and her needs and her schedule and before you know it, you two will be buddies! it's always frusterating on Mondays (after a couple of days away from you and with her parents) and especially after Holidays (when we came back from Christmas break, we almost had to get them all back into the routines that we had them in prior to...but it can be done!)

and hey, it's great practice for when you become a Mom yourself!!

Mikala said...

Hey thanks for the encouragement! Yea I told Josh I took this job to get the baby bug out of me for a while! I think it might be working after today!