Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Pause...Breathe...Smile

Well I am going to take a pause from Josh and I 's beginning and update you on some interesting things going on in our crazy lives.

Josh and I had a week from hell, last week! We got to to go to New Jersey for Thanksgiving and that was a huge blessing. But we got back in Joplin and we hit the ground running. Josh had rehersals every night for The Living Christmas Tree and I needed to get back to work and ready for finals. Tuesday afternoon I very quickly, unexpectedly and unfairly was fired from my job. I was speechless, I couldn't even argue why because my heart was in my stomach and there was a knot in my throat. Now the incident I got fired over, I was and still am sorry about. It was an accident, I am human and I make mistakes. I am still working through emotions and feelings over the incident and we (the other girl i work with was also fired) have found out that some of the teachers aren't getting the whole story about what happened same with the parents. 

Me as a married girl of almost 7 months my first thought was "How am I going to pay the bills!?" I am still worried about that, but we are taking it a day at a time. If it wasn't for Josh's stupid jokes and making me laugh I never would of made it through this week. I would of stayed in bed everyday probably! Thanks Babe for sticking with me! So on to the rest of the week.

Josh got through practices and on to the shows; Thursday night and then two shows everyday through Monday! Saturday afternoon I got a call from Josh asking me how I was feeling, I was fine, but he was not! He then consisted to throw up for the next 12 hrs almost non stop. So if you see the day you will see that that means Josh was sick on Sunday! So who got to get up and get the church ready...me! I was already dreading going to church and people asking how my week was and all I wanted to say was "Awful, yours?" I got through church and then came home to my sick husband who was recovering fairly well! I started some laundry and figured out my dryer was once again not working!! 
breathe 
Thankfully Josh only had a a 24 hour bug and he was able to be in the program Sunday! Which was good because we had four sets of grandparents coming in and my parents to see the Musical! Josh and some guys were able to put together a mini stomp routine and I was put in charge of taping it and guess what...the batteries went out! It was the cherry on top of the week! Yes I know we might laugh about it later and we right now are doing well, but not much laughing! So there is a small glimpse of our week. This is not much detail, but I will take time through out the next couple weeks to explain more!

2 comments:

Linny Best said...

hang in there hunny! we have totally been there too. in fact, i feel like we are having moments like that pretty often. haven't had anyone get sick though, that just is the icing on the cake, if you will...okay, i know, i hate cliches too...anyways...remember who is in charge and be thankful for your blessings and for each other! that's what i tell myself everyday that stuff seems to fall down around me...

...o ya, and welcome to married life...whoo hoo...

Anonymous said...

PLUS!!! you have more time to spend with your Joplin bff and be an amazing model for her photo assignments! (bummer news about the photo, I'm a stinky photographer and the focus is on the calculator instead of your pretty face! =( bummer, bummer) See you Sunday chica!