Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Jesus in the Spotlight

Well it is almost here. The day before family, presents, food and more family! But what is it also, the day we seem to skip over sometimes. Well at least the meaning of it. Jesus. One simple word for one simple idea.  Why is he pushed aside during this day? Why is the story not being read? Why doesn't he get the spotlight? I think to be able to answer those questions you have to think about your life personally. Everyone has a different reason or excuse. Everyone has had a different kind of roller coaster year. 
For me it is so simple it should be laughed at! I have enjoyed my first year of marriage and all the joy and happiness that that comes with. I haven't always stopped and just Thanked Him for EVERYTHING He has done for me. But I can tell you that this last week, I have been able to move Jesus in the spotlight. Josh has been planning the Christmas Eve service this last two weeks or so and I have watched him show me how simple Christmas should be. He has planned this service with one mindset...How do I bring together the birth of our Savior to the death of our SAVIOR? Because really Christmas isn't and shouldn't just be that Christ came to earth as a human but also died a painful death for us. 
So really I say all that to just remind you and yourself to put Jesus in the spotlight this weekend. Remember he came to earth for us and died for us. He has blessed you all throughout this year and will continue to bless you as long as you remember him and thank him for all things. Merry Christmas!!!

No comments: