Thursday, December 18, 2008

I got a Job!!

Well I have decided on a different job! About a week ago I got called about meeting with a family who was wanting a full time nanny! I had a profile on a site but wasn't really expecting to see anything. Well I decided it wouldn't hurt to see what the job was going to be. So I sent my references and then set up a time to meet them. I honestly was a little scared about the references because I needed to put Eastvue done. So I went ahead and told the family ahead of time what happened and said i was hoping that I would still get a decent reference from them! 
Josh and I went to meet the family Rick, Tiffany and 7 week old Whitley! I loved them right away and we all hit off well. I found out that I got great references even from Eastvue!! They offered me a full time or a part time job with them. Josh and I had to spend a couple days praying and really talking about taking it. I finally felt a peace about it as well as Josh. It was great when I called Tiffany to tell her that I would take the job. She was soooo excited. Which made me feel good!

I know some of you could say you really should of subbed it would give you more experience, which is true. But this is something with a consistent schedule which is something I personally really need. I need to know exactly what I am doing every day, not get a call at 6:30 every morning calling me in! I am so excited about this. Whitley is a good baby and I am getting her at a young age so I get to see her grow up! I know this is something that God would love to see me do!

Thank you all for your prayers and concerns! Do keep praying as I don't start full time for another four weeks, so we are still having to watch every penny we spend! But I love you all and Thank you again for everything!

2 comments:

Linny Best said...

That is so exciting! I LOVED being a nanny...the family that I watched practically adopted me. I still love those kids like my own. :) Enjoy every minute of it!!

Anonymous said...

I'm excited for you Mikala!