Sunday, March 15, 2009

Life Changes

Well Josh and I have been almost ten months and what a ten months of changes! But yet we will have more before we celebrate one glorious year together! Josh is down to 7 WEEKS of classes before graduation! Right now he is trying to relax during Spring Break!
In the last week we have found out that the church will have to let Josh go the end of May because of finances. This came as a surprise because we though we had until the end of the summer at least! So Josh has started the process of finding a new ministry. He sent out five resumes via snail mail and a dozen or more via e-mail! Thanks to the economy this could be a long crazy cycle. But crazy enough we are getting excited about a new church! Some where Josh can really spread his wings. Hopefully find something he really enjoys and also a challenge! We would also like a church that doesn't have a 8AM service so we have no more of this 6AM rising time! But we aren't picky...well maybe a little! ;) 
We have also bought a car! A beautiful sexy red 2007 Toyota Camry! We of course went in just "looking" and went out with keys. Well actually we didn't get the keys yet, because the bank wasn't open and they have to clean it! We were actually looking at a black one and we sent our salesman out to get a price on the car and he came back saying "I know you guys are Christians because God is on you side today!" They had just got a trade in for 1,200 dollars less, 20,000 miles less and this one came certified so we got new tires! It was  steal! But we are officially adults, we have a loan! A five year loan at that! 
Buying a car was interesting! Josh definitely made this decision. He kept saying you are a woman you have intuition. I told him I didn't think it had kicked in yet! But anyways I knew we could afford it, but it was a chunk of money and it looked like we were signing our life away! I can't imagine what buying a house is like! Josh was strong for me and I did have peace by the time we were signing all the papers! I am so excited this car is ten years newer then my car!

3 comments:

Joshua M. Casey said...

everyone read that right!?! josh was STRONG and HELPED! ok. just wanted to make sure it was in writing! :)

Angela said...

Be careful before you make the decision to have children because when you buy a house it feels as though you are signing away your first born!! Ha! Congrats! I totally forgot you were here last weekend until Dad said ya'll went to lunch Sunday!! Boo hoo! I totally would have gone too but alas I forgot. Bad aunt! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Exciting new car!
Jordan told me about the church. I look forward to finding out what ya'lls next adventure will be!