Saturday, March 28, 2009

Have you ever wanted an e-mail from God?

So I have asked this question a lot these last couple weeks. And my answer is Yes! Who wouldn't, right? Well as you guys no Josh is currently looking for a job any where! I mean he has sent resumes to Indiana, New Hampshire, Minnesota, Colorado etc. Unfortunately churches want some one older and wiser with 3-5 years experience! Well Josh is 22 with one year experience and well I find him very wise but I am not  the one hiring him! 
To add to our craziness I found out this week that Tiffany is going to be a stay at home so I losing my full time job in June! Yea I know how could you possibly be mad at a mother for wanting to stay home with her baby?! I sure couldn't but I will admit it was bad timing for us! We just bought our car and in June we will have to pay rent for the apartment! 
I had to put down some pride and ask fro help with Josh's graduation announcements (money that is) that was hard. Because I thought I could handle it but since the month of may includes two weddings, two birthdays, our anniversary and Mother's day I just didn't see how I would have the money to purchase them!
So back to my title, i have thought a lot about how nice it would be that God would send us an e-mail with what our future looks like. A little peace of mind would be nice! Now I don't want to know everything just the next couple months! Through all of the economic issues if we will be able to land a good full time job and life some what comfortably!? 
I am a person who hates most change but I admitted to Josh the other day that I don't care where we move to as long as he has a full time ministry and knows that he is doing something he was trained to do.  I hate the idea of leaving my family but I also know that they will support us even if we end up 2,000 miles away.  
But more then anything Joshua and I have grown so close to each other these last four months! We have really learned to lean on each other. We are more in love today then eleven months ago when we exchanged vows! Oh how I love my husband!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

goodness girly, your life is on the move! changes galore! Keep me updated on things. I think things will work out perfectly. You will both be needing to change jobs around the same time. Tiffany won't have to worry about finding a new nanny. Josh will get a job and things will work out in His perfect timing! Love you chica!

Linny Best said...

You have it together, you've hit the nail on the head, even though sometimes it is frusterating and confusing and angering, you two have each other and you are going through this together and God will provide. That is what Dale and I had to lean on for a long time before we landed in the Valley. I don't know what God was thinking making us wait so long for a job that we feel so blessed to have! But the wait forced us together and forced us to grow and have faith that God would provide. And He has. Keep that in the forefront...Dale applied for SO MANY jobs in SO MANY places that I lost count! I had no idea where we were going to live...sunny California, cold snowy Maine or Michigan, inner city New York or Chicago, rural Oklahoma or Alabama...it was crazy waiting and hoping that someone would bite on the bait we kept dropping over and over. It was the most frusterating time of our lives. And then Dale landed the job of his career, a morning show co-host gig for one of the greatest Christian stations in the country, and I couldn't be more proud. I mean, the kid has ZERO morning show expierence, very very little on air expierence, especially lately, and he's young in the industry, but well known. And they saw potential in him and they took him for that potential. Josh has so much potential. He is a smart man and I think that he will make you proud as well. But hang in there, go with your gut, Christ is leading it. Dale and I took a job just because we had to, knowing that it wasn't where he wanted to be and then kept looking until we found KDUV and we couldn't be happier. Being so far from the parents is hard, but you will find people wherever you go to love and do life with and you will be blessed through them, I know we have been! We looked for a year and 4 months...and it was hard. But we made it through, together, stronger...blessed.

Hang in there and if you ever need to vent...you know my number...it hasn't changed!